Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An update-

Sooooo, I may or may not have done absolutely freakin' nothing since my last post. Hypothetically speaking, if one were to have done nothing productive in weeks, one might feel like the lowest form of humanity on the planet. One might also feel that change is impossible, and that one is doomed to be a pathetic version of oneself forever and ever, amen. However, one might argue, hypothetically of course, that their summer has never hit a steady pace because every week since summer began, there has been one thing or another to disrupt any semblance of a routine that one might have. Therefore, it is not one's fault if they are not productive-being disciplined is difficult enough when one has a steady routine. How can one be expected to thrive under such utterly unforgiving circumstances?

I know, I know (I mean one knows, one knows)- excuses and butt-holes, right?

Well, I did do a few things: I saw The Civil Wars in concert (however, I left feeling pretty bad about myself for not being as cool as the billion hipsters running around the joint-so I'm putting this in the lose column), I held my sweet nieces, I read four books, I think I worked out once, I KNOW I did a couple loads of laundry...

That's the underwhelmingest list I ever saw. Forward progress is key. Must. Do. Better.

3 comments:

  1. You are a very busy girl. You are always taking the kids fun places. You drove me to Plano to get my epidural shot and that was a long day. You saw the nkotbabsb (or whatever their initials are). You saw Harry Potter. You helped Lori and me with baby shower planning and invitations. You attended the family reunion. Most importantly you spent an evening playing canasta with Aunt Mel and me and you listened to me whine about my second degree sunburn.

    I think you are absolutely perfect and I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooom, stoooop, you're embarassing meeeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete